Please join us for this year’s combined — Annual HIFLD Feedback Session & GeoPlatform Workshop!
The 2-day meeting will be a collaborative event focused on “Driving Progress through Partnerships.” The interactive meeting will also provide opportunities for the community to share feedback and build partnerships through collaboration and networking.
- When: Thursday, November 1st & Friday, November 2nd
- Where: USGS National Center: 12201 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston VA, 20192
Portions of the event will be provided by webinar, but we encourage you to join us in person if possible. Please see the Announcement and draft Agenda for further details.
For more event details and registration, click here.
The Emergency Management Specialist (Geospatial) position is now available in Washington, DC. The position will remain open October 11th through October 18th.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov.
Typical Assignments include:
- Performs activities in operational areas such as analysis and production; modeling; data management; innovation, tools development, coordination and dissemination; advocacy; remote sensing; and technology awareness.
- Provides key project assistance in the development of program standards, doctrine, training, exercises, FEMA Qualification System (FQS) requirements, and program awareness throughout the agency.
- Compiles analytical summaries and recommendations. Formulates reports and correspondence. Briefs customers on geospatial capabilities and activities.
- Assignments frequently require detailed coordination efforts with a variety of other FEMA HQ, Regional, and field organizations.
- Determines and manages customer expectations for products. Coordinates with appropriate geospatial stakeholders to prevent duplication of effort and to promote information sharing. Briefs customers on geospatial capabilities and activities.
Please click the links below for more details:
NAPSG Foundation is pleased to announce that nominations are open for the 2018 Award for Excellence in Public Safety GIS. Please click on the link below to nominate a member of the public safety community who should be recognized for leadership and achievements in significantly advancing the use of GIS for the public safety and homeland security community.
Awards will be presented at the 2018 National Geospatial Preparedness Summit, in Boulder, CO.