The Geospatial Management Office (GMO) is hiring a General Engineer (GS-0801-15). The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Remote Sensing Advisor (RSA) providing remote sensing support services to include; strategic planning, policy review and recommendations and operational guidance to the Geospatial Management Office, Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
This position opened Friday 11/07/14 and closes 11/14/14 in the Washington DC area and is open to United State Citizens. You can view it by clicking on the link below.
- Serves as the Geospatial Management Office (GMO) Remote Sensing Coordinator providing technical assistance to DHS Components for issues related to remotely sensed imagery.
- Performs assessments of remote sensing technologies to recommend strategic planning and acquisitions necessary to meet DHS mission requirements.
- Directs, recommends, and manages the identification, prioritization, collection, access and use of remotely sensed imagery and or services for the Geospatial Information Infrastructure to serve the needs of the Department.
- Represents DHS on a variety of interagency coordinating groups including the Interagency Remote Sensing Coordination Cell (IRSCC) for issues related to incident response; the National Digital Orthophoto Program (NDOP) for issues related to normal operational requirements; the Urban Area Imagery Program (UAIP) in support of the Homeland Security Infrastructure Protection (HSIP) Program.
- Develops and manages remote sensing services contracts.