On February 20, 2019, the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) partnered with NAPSG Foundation to develop and deliver a training workshop on Continuity of Operations through Intelligence & Resilience at the Kuwait International Health, Safety, Security, and Environment Conference in Kuwait City.
The training was delivered as a certificate-earning all day workshop for a group of 20 leading Emergency Managers and Planners from the petroleum industry, Kuwait government ministries, and staff from the Secretariat General of the Gulf Cooperation Council. This training focused on building knowledge, skills, and the overall capacity of Emergency Managers and Planners responsible for protecting petroleum-related critical infrastructure, as well as protecting the life and safety of the communities surrounding key infrastructure in the region. The graphic below illustrates the how the training workshop was organized to effectively build knowledge and skills in all key areas of preparedness to support business continuity in the event of a major incident. NAPSG Foundation and IAFC provided live demonstrations of existing GIS-based tools and resources relevant to each training module, thereby illustrating how preparedness and planning for continuity of operations can be enhanced through rich data analysis and decision support tools.
The training content was developed and delivered to address the objectives outlined below:
- Discuss and provide case studies on Consequence Management best practices
- How to develop comprehensive, effective and reliable COOP playbooks
- An overview of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) used to protect organizations from unexpected disasters and business disruptions
- Overview of the IAFC National Mutual Aid System and who this system may be deployed internationally
- Use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and technology as intelligence applications to support planning and operations
Provided below are the materials developed and delivered for this training workshop.
NAPSG Foundation was honored to work with the IAFC in support of building a culture of preparedness in Kuwait and the Gulf Coast Region, and is gracious for the invitation of the KIHSSE Steering Committee to support this important training opportunity.