The Emergency Management Specialist (Geospatial) position is now available in Washington, DC. The position will remain open October 11th through October 18th.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov.
Typical Assignments include:
- Performs activities in operational areas such as analysis and production; modeling; data management; innovation, tools development, coordination and dissemination; advocacy; remote sensing; and technology awareness.
- Provides key project assistance in the development of program standards, doctrine, training, exercises, FEMA Qualification System (FQS) requirements, and program awareness throughout the agency.
- Compiles analytical summaries and recommendations. Formulates reports and correspondence. Briefs customers on geospatial capabilities and activities.
- Assignments frequently require detailed coordination efforts with a variety of other FEMA HQ, Regional, and field organizations.
- Determines and manages customer expectations for products. Coordinates with appropriate geospatial stakeholders to prevent duplication of effort and to promote information sharing. Briefs customers on geospatial capabilities and activities.
Please click the links below for more details: