August 26, 2017 – The National Alliance for Public Safety GIS (NAPSG) Foundation launched a crowdsourcing application to help collect images taken from the field during and after Hurricane Harvey.
- If you are on the ground in the impact area, you can contribute your images to the app very easily using your mobile device.
- You can also use the app if you are trying to assess the type and extent of damage in the impacted areas to:
- Prepare for mutual aid requests
- Support situational assessment
- Aid operational readiness for deployment to the field
- Other response and recovery functions
Check it out, share it around, and if you are there – contribute!
- Link: http://arcg.is/2vgK7Od