On April 16th, 2020, NAPSG Foundation co-hosted a virtual PrepTech Talk titled “Future First Responder: Accelerating Public Safety Communications Research” in partnership with the NIST Public Safety Communications Research (PSCR) Division to discuss the latest research on first responder communication technologies and upcoming funding opportunities.
NIST PSCR accelerates innovation by investing in research to transform the future of public safety communications, technology, and operations. Through this seminar and the recorded materials you will:
- Learn about Federal research developed to advance first responder communications technologies.
- Receive valuable information about upcoming funding opportunities as well as how to get involved as a participant, partner, and/or subject matter expert.
- Gain insights on the most anticipated 2020 research news and impacts across technology areas, such as mission-critical voice, location-based services, user interfaces/user experience, security, analytics, and resilient systems.
- Join the community! Contribute your voice to the conversation, and help influence the future of public safety communications technology research and development.
- Complete the National i-Axis Questionnaire
- Participate in the 2020 Broadband Public Safety Meeting
- Sign-Up and stay connected with NIST PSCR
NIST PSCR SUPPORTING RESOURCES
- Location-based Services Research: https://www.nist.gov/ctl/pscr/research-portfolios/location-based-services
- GitHub for VR Environments: https://github.com/usnistgov/HapticChallengeUE4
- CHARIoT Challenge: https://www.nist.gov/ctl/pscr/open-innovation-prize-challenges/current-and-upcoming-prize-challenges/2020-chariot
- UAS Challenge: https://www.nist.gov/ctl/pscr/open-innovation-prize-challenges/current-and-upcoming-prize-challenges/2020-first-responder