On August 25, 2020, NAPSG Foundation, NSGIC, and URISA conducted Part 2 of the COVID-19 Technology & GIS Hot Wash, under our Open Community Forums series. Join us to listen, learn, and share your location-enabled technology-related challenges and success stories in COVID-19 response as a part of the broader COVID-19 Technology & GIS After-Action Review (AAR) process.
Ensure your voice is heard by completing the COVID-19 Technology & GIS AAR Questionnaire. It only takes about 10 minutes to complete, and the responses are anonymous.
- Learn how Public Safety Leaders are overcoming critical challenges in using data science, GIS, and technology for pandemic planning and decision-making during COVID-19 response and recovery operations.
- Share your past and current challenges, successes, and lessons learned in applying data science, GIS, and innovative technology in your community during COVID-19 response and recovery.
- Start exploring and sharing resources to support preparedness and COVID-19 response and recovery operations in the newly launched PrepResponse Community Portal.
- Gain access to the newly launched PrepResponse Community Portal and begin sharing your best practices in apps, maps, dashboards, and open data for COVID-19 and in preparedness for all types of incidents.
- David Alexander, Senior Science Advisor, Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology Directorate
- Christopher Shields, Assistant Commissioner, Chicago Department of Public Health
- Daniel Stoelb, GIS Program Coordinator, Oregon Office of Emergency Management
- Alaina Mayfield, Planner, Oregon Office of Emergency Management
- Ezekiel Peters, Director of Emergency Medical Services, Colorado Regional Health Information Organization
- Melissa Surette, Data Analytics Section Chief, FEMA Region 1 Regional Response Coordination Center
- Benjamin Trump, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Jeff Cegan, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Rebecca Harned and Tricia Lawson, NAPSG Foundation
- COVID-19 Tech & GIS AAR Questionnaire
- Link to Recording
- Slide Deck with Additional Content
- PrepResponse Community Portal
This Open Community Forum directly supports the work of the National Pandemic GIS Task Force, which is a joint effort by NAPSG Foundation, NSGIC, and URISA. Learn more about the Task Force.