The nation’s only summit dedicated to fostering innovation in policy and
technology for preparedness and resilience.
November 12-14, 2019
Texas A&M University at Galveston
Join us for NAPSG’s rebranded 5th annual summit – the Innovation Summit for Preparedness & Resilience (InSPIRE) – as we bring together public safety leaders, first responders, and GIS professionals from across the nation to develop practical solutions to the most prominent public safety policy and technology challenges.
InSPIRE will focus on implementing innovative policy and technology for preparedness and resilience by weaving together a unique combination of education, training, and field simulation. Also, it will provide a one-of-a-kind opportunity for you to share your experiences from recent disasters and participate in new hands-on training as well as a functional exercise.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
We encourage participation in small teams of 2-3 from each agency or jurisdiction. Each agency or jurisdiction team ideally would consist of individuals representing the following roles:
- Decision Maker/Manager/Chief
- First Responder/Operator/Planner
- GIS Staff/Technologist
Which disciplines should participate?
- Public Safety Officials & First Responders – Management level & operational public safety. Disciplines include Emergency Management, Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Search & Rescue, Public Health, etc.
- National Guard & Military – State and National Guard Bureau and military leaders who support domestic emergency management and security.
- GIS Practitioners – State GIS Coordinators/GIOs, GIS Technicians, Analysts, Specialists, GIS Managers, CTOs, IT Specialists, and Interoperability Coordinators.
- Federal Agencies – FEMA HQ and Regions, FBI, NOAA, Depts. of Homeland Security, Justice, Commerce, Energy, Transportation, DOI, etc.
- Volunteers Who Support Disasters – American Red Cross, Crisis Mappers, etc.
- Infrastructure Operators – Railroads, Airports, Electric, Water and other Utilities, etc.
- Private Sector – Only available to event sponsors or Federal Contractors for a fee.
Complete agenda coming soon!
Day 1 – Tuesday, November 12
Sessions & Workshops
- Keynote Address and Disaster Innovation Talks
- Leadership Training: Bridging the Communications Gap
- Workshop: Technology Innovation for First Responders
- Work Session: Demystifying Mutual Aid Policy and Technology
- Technical Training: Core Web GIS Skills for Public Safety
- National Roundtable: Emerging Technology for Preparedness and Mitigation
- Field Simulation: Collecting Data in the Field for SAR and Debris Management
- Training: Geo-Enable Your Plans – From Binders to Interactive Web-Based Plans
- Technology Update: Advanced Web GIS Skills and Emerging Solutions for Public Safety
- NAPSG’s Hosted Social and Emerging Technology Showcase
Day 2 – Wednesday, November 13
Sessions & Workshops
- Disaster Innovation Talks
- Work Session: Fostering Agency-Wide Adoption and Implementation of Innovative Technology
- Workshop: Developing a Drone/UAS Program for your Public Safety Agency
- Training: End Analysis Paralysis by Implementing Best Practices in your Dashboards
- Work Session: Best Practices in Using Technology for Public Information
- Training: Cyber Security for Public Safety GIS, Data, and Technology
- Workshop: Mission Critical Decision Making with Field Data
- Hands-On Simulation & Tabletop: Great Galveston Hurricane Exercise
- Hack-A-Thon: Crowdsourcing Data and Information to Support Community Lifelines
- NAPSG’s Hosted Reception for the 2019 Annual Awards for Excellence in Public Safety GIS
Day 3 – Thursday, November 14
Workshops & Meetings
- Current and Future State of the Union on Preparedness Data
- Workshop: Remote Sensing, Imagery, and Drones for Emergency Management
- Work Session: Indoor Mapping, Tracking, and Navigation for Public Safety
- National Search and Rescue Committee’s Geospatial Working Group Meeting
- FEMA Geospatial Working Group Meeting
- NIMS Technology Sub Group Meetings
- Concurrent Working Group Meetings – InSPIRE participants are encouraged to join open groups!
- NAPSG Symbology Working Group
- Remote Sensing Innovation Working Group
- Pre-Planning, Indoor Mapping, and Tracking Working Group
To see more details about the agenda, please click here.