How to Get There:
- The closest airport to the University of Alabama is the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM).
- There are four major airlines flying into BHM – American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines.
- The average time from BHM to the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa is approximately 1 hour (61 mi.).
Please see below for ground transportation options located at the airport.
Shuttle Services – Operate by reservation only; please contact prior to your arrival at the airport.
- Scuttle Shuttle – $25 per person for groups of 4-8
- Birmingham Door To Door – Call for pricing
Taxi & Uber Services
- Taxi services from the airport are available 24/7. Taxis are located on the ground level directly outside the baggage claim area. For a list of companies, please click here.
- Raiser, LLC (Uber) is authorized to provide pick-up services at BHM. Uber drivers may pick up passengers at Arrivals, which is located on the Lower Level terminal curbside.
Rental Car Companies
The BHM Rental Car facility is located in Section 1B on the ground level of the parking deck and features a variety of rental car companies.
Transportation options outside of the airport
NAPSG has set aside blocks of hotel rooms near the University of Alabama. The group codes for the discounted rate at the selected hotels will be provided to participants via email once their registration has been approved.
Hampton Inn Tuscaloosa-University
600 Harper Lee Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35404
Discounted rate of $115 per night ends July 21st
Home2Suites by Hilton
2610 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35401
Discounted rate of $129 per night ends July 23rd
320 Paul Bryant, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35401
Discounted rate of $120 per night ends July 7th
For other hotel options in the area, please click here.
Sightseeing & Dining Options:
Tuscaloosa offers a variety of exciting activities for visitors, as well as indulgent southern dining options. For more details, please click here.