September 6, 2017
NAPSG Foundation has launched a Hurricane Irma GIS Resources group and webpage to provide critical resources for first responders and decision makers supporting Hurricane Irma response and recovery.
The Hurricane Irma GIS Resources group and webpage includes the following:
- USNG Map Book Downloader
- USNG 1:25K Map Books for Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands – Developed in partnership with Delta State University
- Hurricane Irma Data, Web Maps, and Apps – Best available for public access
- USNG Resources for Citizen Safety During Irma
NAPSG Foundation is working closely with its partners to address the highest priority requests for GIS-based decision support tools by first responders deployed(ing) in the field for Hurricane Irma.
Additionally, NAPSG Foundation launched a crowdsourcing application to help collect photos taken from the field during and after Hurricane Irma.
- If you are on the ground in the impacted area, you can contribute your images to the app very easily using your mobile device.
- You can also use the app if you are trying to assess the type and extent of damage in the impacted areas to:
- Prepare for mutual aid requests
- Support situational assessment
- Aid operational readiness for deployment to the field
- Other response and recovery functions
Check it out, share it around, and if you are there – contribute!