On June 23rd, 2020, NAPSG Foundation, NSGIC, and URISA conducted the first in a series of Open Community Forums, COVID-19 Technology & GIS Hot Wash. This series is designed for you to actively engage, providing the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas with our public safety community nationwide. Join us to listen, learn, and share your location-enabled technology-related challenges and success stories in COVID-19 response as a part of the broader COVID-19 Technology & GIS After-Action Review (AAR) process.
Ensure your voice is heard by completing the COVID-19 Technology & GIS AAR Questionnaire. It only takes about 10 minutes to complete, and the responses are anonymous.
- Learn about the newly formed National Pandemic GIS Task Force and the work they are doing to develop a National Playbook for Integrating Technology & GIS in Pandemic Response & Recovery – and how you can get involved.
- Listen to real-world stories from Public Safety Leaders in overcoming critical challenges in using technology and GIS to inform decision-making during COVID-19 response operations.
- Share your past and current challenges, successes, and lessons learned in applying innovative technology and GIS in your community during COVID-19 response and recovery.
- Gain access to the newly launched PrepResponse Community Portal and begin sharing your best practices in apps, maps, dashboards, and open data for COVID-19 and in preparedness for all types of incidents.
- COVID-19 Tech & GIS AAR Questionnaire
- Link to Recording
- Slide Deck with Additional Content
- PrepResponse Community Portal
This Open Community Forum directly supports the work of the National Pandemic GIS Task Force, which is a joint effort by NAPSG Foundation, NSGIC, and URISA. Learn more about the Task Force.
Note: The second part of the COVID-19 Technology & GIS Hot Wash will be conducted in August 2020, following analysis of part 1 hot wash results and AAR questionnaire. Participants from today’s Open Community Forum will receive a special invitation to participate in part 2.