On May 12th, 2022, NAPSG Foundation hosted the PrepTech Talk “Disaster Ready GIS – Small Shop, Big Impact.” In this feature presentation from Anne Arundel County, MD, you will learn about their response to the series of tornadoes that spawned across the region from the remnants of Hurricane Ida, and gain insights into innovative data sources and the value of building your geospatial network.
- Gain insight into practical products that you can configure to support first responders, decision-makers, and the public during an incident.
- Discover resources available to State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial (SLTT) communities that you should integrate into workflows before a disaster strikes.
- Learn steps that your shop, big or small, can take to build your network and capabilities.
- Joanie Appell, AICP, GISP, Anne Arundel County Fire Department
- Richard Butgereit, Geospatial Insurance Consortium
- John Desmarais, Civil Air Patrol, U.S. Air Force Auxiliary