On July 22nd, 2021, NAPSG Foundation hosted the virtual PrepTech Talk titled “Innovations in Resource Management & Mutual Aid Technology.” In this webinar, industry leaders discussed the latest developments in nationally available technology tools and standards that increase resource management preparedness and improve efficiencies in managing incidents.
Resource management is the cornerstone of preparing for and responding to incidents that require mutual aid among agencies and jurisdictions. Currently, the adoption and use of standardized resource management policies, practices, and technology vary greatly at the local level nationwide.
From this webinar, participants will:
- Gain insights into the current state of the nation in implementing policy, standards, and technology for resource typing, inventorying, and management.
- Find out what’s new in version 3.0 of the Implementation Guide on Information Sharing Standards and how you can use the guide in informing your agency’s technology selection and acquisition process to ensure interoperability and seamless information sharing.
- Learn about FEMA’s National Resource Hub and how to gain access and start using the suite of resource management tools.
- Gain insight into how the National Resource Hub can connect and share data with your other incident management systems, situational awareness apps, and other 3rd party systems today and in the future.
- Learn what is in development to improve existing and innovations in new resource management and mutual aid technology tools and systems.
- Harmon Rowland, Section Chief, FEMA National Integration Center
- Elysa Jones, Chair, OASIS Emergency Management Technical Committee
- Rebecca Harned, Vice President, 4 Arrows Consulting, Inc.
- Charlotte Abel, Strategic Manager, NAPSG Foundation