On Tuesday, October 10th, the National Alliance for Public Safety GIS (NAPSG) Foundation hosted a virtual training with the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Geospatial Management Office (GMO) on HIFLD Open. The purpose of this training is to:
- Gain awareness level knowledge on the latest developments of the Homeland Infrastructure Level Data (HIFLD) and key lessons learned from its use in recent events.
This virtual training offers the opportunity to:
- Learn about the latest updates to HIFLD Data and the HIFLD Open migration to the federal GeoPlatform
- Gain insights on how the HIFLD Open migration impacts you and any web applications that you have using HIFLD data
- Learn about lessons learned and emerging best practices in applying HIFLD data in support of larger-scale disasters
- See live demonstrations of decision support tools used in recent events that use HIFLD data in support of larger-scale disasters
Provided below are the links to the recording and the materials used in the virtual training: