On Thursday, October 26, 2017, the National Alliance for Public Safety GIS (NAPSG) Foundation hosted a virtual training focused on “Enhancing Mission Critical Decision Making: Understanding Core Information Requirements”. This virtual training provided participants with the opportunity to:
- Gain awareness level knowledge on the process and national baseline for defining core information requirements to support mission critical decision making.
- Learn about a common framework for developing your agency’s core information requirements, starting with the decisions you make in routine incidents and larger-scale disasters.
- Gain insight on national core information requirements for mutual aid consistent for all hazards and threats.
- Learn about the national flood-specific core information requirements.
- Develop strategies for communicating your information needs to GIS staff and technologists, so they can provide you with the most effective decision support tools and solutions.
Provided below are the links to the recording and the materials used in this virtual training: